Important Announcements re COVID-19

Fellow Members,

Please note the capacity increase in the Clubroom is now 28 or 1 person per 2 square meters.

Contact Tracking:

  • QR Code Tracking will be in Place – A separate Message will provide information and assistance. 
  • There will be a number of QR Codes in the Veranda and inside the Club
  • Paper base Contact Register is available if you can’t use theQR Code

Club Area Capacities: 

  • Clubroom –  28 (plus staff) – Seated drinking and eating
  • Veranda –  44 (plus staff) – Standing drinking and eating is permitted.
  • Grounds – 1,000 (plus staff)

The next First Sunday Barbecue Lunch is this Sunday, 6 December 20

The Club will provide the Meat options as follows: 
    • Steak                               $10 
    • Sausage (1)                     $ 2 
    • Spicy Chicken Fillet (1)  $ 2
  • Please bring salads to share on your table
  • Salads will not be able to be shared between tables and the Club will not be providing them. So, BYO Salad. 🙂
  • The lunch will be available to CBBC Members, partners and immediate family.
  • Meals – served by Committee Members and Volunteers. 
  • There will be a COVID Marshal in attendance and the Contact Tracing Register will need to be completed.  

Distancing – While not mandatory for people who live together, who are friends or family members, or people who regularly associate with each other, sensible distance principles should be observed.   

Hand Hygiene – Hand sanitiser and paper towel is available at entrances, the Bar and in the kitchen. On arrival please use the hand sanitiser and fill in the Contact Tracing Record. 

Volunteers – If you would like to help with Kitchen or Barbecue duties please advise as soon as possible as we need to have details for COVID Planning. 

If any further information is required please call.


Ric Kies





21st Nov 2021

Please note that as at midnight Saturday night (21 Nov 20), the following amended restrictions apply to the CBBC:  

  • A maximum of 100 people in total are permitted on the Club grounds. 
  • Capacities are to be calculated at 4m2 per person (25% capacity). 
  • 1.5m social distancing remains unless seated with friends and family 
  • Maximum number of 10 people seated at a table 
  • No standing drinking (indoor or outdoor) 
  • Contact tracing records to be completed  

Club Area Capacities: 

  • Clubroom – 14 
  • Veranda – 44 
  • Grounds – 100 
  • Please note we will likely be limited to members only for some time  


1 June 2020

With further relaxing of restrictions, 14 members are permitted in the Clubroom, 20 under the Veranda and
80 on the open spaces. The Clubroom and verandah area have been laid out and excess seats removed. 


1 April 2020

Fellow CBBC Members

We hope this finds you all hale and hearty in these interesting times.

With effect today (31 Mar 2020) the SA Government released an updated Emergency directive on COVID-19 exposure management. Under the previous directive the Clubrooms, showers and toilets were closed. The new declaration had the potential to increase the restrictions on our grounds.

However, clarification on the new Emergency Directive has been obtained from Clubs SA and SAPOL and we are pleased to be able to advise that members will be able to launch and retrieve their boats at the Club while observing the social distancing and gathering restrictions. The Clubrooms will remain closed. Clubs SA has been very helpful in achieving this clarification. This is heartening and welcomed for the coming Easter period.

Clubs SA has inquired with SAPOL and their view is: “Yes fine – The social distance requirements apply and groups at minimum but not to exceed 10 congregating.  Principle is no different to a public beach, park or other open space”

Your Committee has developed the following guidelines for Club boating in this period:

  • Enjoy the Lower Lakes if you are able and have the opportunity, it is a exercise activity that has physical and mental health benefits.
  • Members may launch and retrieve their boats from their hardstands.
  • Members without hardstands can rig / de-rig their boats either side of the Flag Pole
  • Members with hardstands who want to keep their boats at the club may continue to do so.
  • Members who wish to remove their boats for the duration of the restrictions may do so.
  • Members with boats on the Hardstand waitlist will be offered the empty spaces for the duration of the restrictions or until the original holder wishes to return.
  • Members not currently on the waitlist can apply for a temporary Hardstand vacancy.
  • Numbers of boats undergoing rigging and de-rigging may be limited due to social distancing and gathering guidelines

Please observe social distancing and gathering guidelines (2 person per boat x 1.5m spacing / 10 persons total in the CBBC grounds open area)

The Committee wishes to thank all CBBC members and their families for their patience and understanding in these difficult times. Please stay safe, keep an eye on your loved-ones and neighbours.


24 March 2020

We have just received official confirmation that the club building is to be locked out to all members and public. I apologise for any inconvenience but it is now a legal requirement for us to comply. Members still have access to their boats and the ramp and moorings but no outdoor gatherings are allowed. Stay safe. See you on the water.

Stuart Rowley
CBBC Commodore 


17 March 2020

As you are no doubt aware, community groups and organisations are being encouraged to postpone or cancel unnecessary gatherings in the light of the current COVID-19 pandemic. The CBBC General Committee met this evening (17.3.20) to discuss our club’s response to the current situation. 
The committee was unanimous in agreeing that we will cancel or postpone all official club activities, including the Rat Race Regatta, for the immediate future. Club facilities will still be available for member use, as always, but we won’t be holding official races, social events, or cruises during this time. (UPDATE 24 March 2020 – Club building is now locked out to all members and public. Members still have access to their boats and the ramp and moorings but no outdoor gatherings are allowed. )
The committee will reconvene at the end of April to decide whether this pause in activities should continue, or if we can recommence our program of activities. Our current hope is to hold the Rat Race at a later time, rather than cancel entirely, but this will depend on circumstances beyond our control and so we unfortunately can’t give definite timelines at this point.
If you have already registered and paid for the Rat Race or associated meals, we will be refunding all payments in the coming days. When we can reschedule the Rat Race, you will need to re-register for the new date.
In the meantime, we encourage members to pay attention to health messages from SA Health and the Federal Government around minimising risk of exposure. Good hand hygiene and staying home if you are feeling unwell are both key actions that we can all take to assist in halting the spread of COVID-19 and other illnesses. We encourage all club members to take their health, and that of others, seriously in this case.

CBBC General Committee