Important Announcements re COVID-19
1 June 2020
With further relaxing of restrictions, 14 members are permitted in the Clubroom, 20 under the Veranda and
80 on the open spaces. The Clubroom and verandah area have been laid out and excess seats removed.
1 April 2020
Fellow CBBC Members
We hope this finds you all hale and hearty in these interesting times.
With effect today (31 Mar 2020) the SA Government released an updated Emergency directive on COVID-19 exposure management. Under the previous directive the Clubrooms, showers and toilets were closed. The new declaration had the potential to increase the restrictions on our grounds.
However, clarification on the new Emergency Directive has been obtained from Clubs SA and SAPOL and we are pleased to be able to advise that members will be able to launch and retrieve their boats at the Club while observing the social distancing and gathering restrictions. The Clubrooms will remain closed. Clubs SA has been very helpful in achieving this clarification. This is heartening and welcomed for the coming Easter period.
Clubs SA has inquired with SAPOL and their view is: “Yes fine – The social distance requirements apply and groups at minimum but not to exceed 10 congregating. Principle is no different to a public beach, park or other open space”
Your Committee has developed the following guidelines for Club boating in this period:
- Enjoy the Lower Lakes if you are able and have the opportunity, it is a exercise activity that has physical and mental health benefits.
- Members may launch and retrieve their boats from their hardstands.
- Members without hardstands can rig / de-rig their boats either side of the Flag Pole
- Members with hardstands who want to keep their boats at the club may continue to do so.
- Members who wish to remove their boats for the duration of the restrictions may do so.
- Members with boats on the Hardstand waitlist will be offered the empty spaces for the duration of the restrictions or until the original holder wishes to return.
- Members not currently on the waitlist can apply for a temporary Hardstand vacancy.
- Numbers of boats undergoing rigging and de-rigging may be limited due to social distancing and gathering guidelines
Please observe social distancing and gathering guidelines (2 person per boat x 1.5m spacing / 10 persons total in the CBBC grounds open area)
The Committee wishes to thank all CBBC members and their families for their patience and understanding in these difficult times. Please stay safe, keep an eye on your loved-ones and neighbours.
24 March 2020
We have just received official confirmation that the club building is to be locked out to all members and public. I apologise for any inconvenience but it is now a legal requirement for us to comply. Members still have access to their boats and the ramp and moorings but no outdoor gatherings are allowed. Stay safe. See you on the water.
17 March 2020
CBBC General Committee