CBBC 2022 AGM Page
To be held at the Clayton Community Hall
6 Alexandrina Drive, Clayton Bay.
Below is information for members to read before voting at the CBBC 2022 AGM to be held on 14th August 2022.
Voting is limited to one vote per financial member where we have 6 nominations for Committee plus the proposal for Life Membership. Please see the details below.
If you are unable to attend the AGM, absentee voting opens on Saturday 30th July 2022 and closes Friday 12th August 2022. Absentee voting can be done on-line (see form below – which will appear when voting opens), or a Postal Vote will be deemed acceptable by prior arrangement – please contact the Treasurer (0412 023 809, email@example.com).
CBBC AGM 2022 - Nominations for Committee
- Grant Maddern – Grant joined the club in 2005 and has served as Commodore twice between 2010 and 2013.
- Brian O’Flaherty – Brian joined the CBBC in 2003 and served on the committee from 2007 to 2010. Brian has been actively involved in setting up the CBBC Website, “Communicator” and other club technical facilities and helps out with club activities and social events.
- Robert Edgar – Rob has been a club member since 1998. Has served on the CBBC committee for over17 year. He has served as Commodore for 3 consecutive terms. Rob has been responsible for many major club projects including the new club roof, the marina retaining wall and two sections of Jetty replacement.
- Mike Watts – Has been a club member for several years and has helped with organise several club events
- Kevin Arthur – has served as bar person for several years and actively helps out around the club.
- Justin Stanbridge – Justin has been a club member for over 20 years, and has assisted greatly with organising trophy’s
Nomination for Life Member - Robert Edgar
I have known Rob for many years through sailing when the Usual Association sailed the Pot of Gold series at Clayton and had permission through Rob to utilise the lawn area. Rob has always been keen to assist outside associations sail at Clayton Bay, always with a smile and a joke (not all have been good jokes).
· SA Volunteer of the year in 2018, winning the H.P. Baucaut award for outstanding services to yachting.
· Runner up in 2018 for the Sailing Australia National Australia volunteer award.
· Joined the CBBC in 1998 with continuous membership to the present.
· Commodore – three times elected – 2013/2015, 2015/2017, 2017/2018.
· Vice Commodore – 2001/2003, 2003/2005, 2010/2011, 2011/2013
· Acting Commodore - 2010
· Committee member for 17 Years
Projects undertaken that Rob has managed, organised or has been involved in for the club,
· Managed the construction of the club veranda.
· Organised the construction of the club marina revetment wall.
· Installation of the club flagpole.
· Major upgrade of the club’s septic system.
· Partial reroofing of the club house roof.
· Organised the purchase of the club’s safety boats.
· Has run the working bees since 2010.
I warmly recommend Rob Edgar for Life Membership of the Clayton Bay Boat Club and hope the CBBC members vote in favour of giving him the recognition that he deserves.